At Albany Ketamine Infusions, we are working with Osmind to help you feel better.
The Osmind platform helps us improve how you feel, makes your experience with our clinic better, and provides additional support for you. It also helps you submit out-of-network insurance reimbursement claims.
To get started, download the mobile app. On the iPhone, click this link to download the app (alternatively, search “Osmind” in the app store). For Android users, click this link to download the app (or search “Osmind” in the Google Play Store). After you download the app, make an account and connect it to our clinic during registration.
Why does this app help patients feel better?
The Osmind Care Platform enables us to practice measurement-based care. Measurement-based care is an evidence-based practice that involves the systematic evaluation of your progress throughout a treatment, including systematic administration of symptom rating scales, which helps drive clinical decision-making in a personalized manner. This approach has been shown through many studies to improve clinical outcomes and help patients get better faster.
By using the Osmind platform for measurement-based care, we are following evidence-based practices that have been advocated for by experts for many years. In fact, many other clinics do not follow these evidence-based practices. A large amount of research has shown that measurement-based care helps improve outcomes and provides a number of benefits to patients and clients. If you are interested to learn more, please read this whitepaper on measurement-based care.
The app also helps you get money back for your treatments with us. You can submit your out-of-network insurance reimbursement claims directly through the app, which will send it to your insurance company digitally. It takes less than two minutes for you to submit your reimbursement claim!
Measurement-based care improves your treatment
Many studies have shown that using patient-reported symptom rating scales improves how patients feel. Studies also show that patients like this approach since it gives you more control over your treatment journey, augments your communication with your provider, and makes your care more efficient.
The app helps you submit claims for your treatments
After we treat you, we give you a superbill. You can use the Osmind app to submit a claim to your insurance company for reimbursement. All you need is the superbill and about two minutes to input information into the app — Osmind takes care of the rest! It helps you get more money back, faster.
The app helps us work together to track your progress and communicate
The mobile app is a convenient way for you to access a number of features including journaling about your progress and communicating with our clinic. Together, we can make sure you are getting better!
Instructions from our clinic
By using this app, you will get more money back from your insurance for our treatments. It also helps us improve our treatment for you. It is important that you follow the app’s reminders and fill out periodic mood ratings, questionnaires, and journaling. This is how we would like you to use the Osmind mobile app:
- Once a day, the app will ask you to fill in a mood rating. Please do so, and also journal about anything that may have affected your mood for the day. We go over the mood ratings and journal entries to optimize your treatment and ensure you are getting better.
- Once every two weeks, the app will ask you to fill out a PHQ-9 depression questionnaire. Please follow those instructions.
- We may ask you to fill out other scales according to individual needs, such as GAD 7 for anxiety, Columbia Suicide Severity Scale, and NSESSS for PTSD. Please follow the directions that are given to you through the app.
- When we prescribe you ketamine lozenges for at-home use, please use the app’s medication adherence tool. It will send you a reminder on which days to do the lozenge sessions. Please do it when the app tells you to, and log in the information it asks for. This includes a short reflection of your ketamine experience — we go over what you write and this journaling is critical to the overall ketamine-assisted psychotherapy treatment.
- If you feel better or worse because of anything that has happened or any thoughts you have, please add it into the journal. We read the journal entries so we can help address things that are bothering you and promote things that make you feel better.
- After you get treated by us, we give you a superbill. You can use the Osmind app to submit a claim to your insurance company for reimbursement. All you need is the superbill and about two minutes — the Osmind platform takes care of the rest!
Join our clinic’s online forum
Please join the online community we created for our clinic. It connects all of us who are affiliated with our clinic and is a great way for us to stay engaged, provide mutual support and empathy, and share content. Our clinic’s community is a private forum available only for providers, staff, and patients of our clinic. We will be active on it. Our exclusive forum is a private part of the public Osmind Community. Please make an account at https://members.osmind.org/ and follow instructions to join our clinic’s private forum. If you have any questions, please see the FAQ and videos below for more details.
How does the app help with my insurance claims?
After we treat you, we give you a superbill. You can use the Osmind app to submit a claim to your insurance company for reimbursement. All you need is the superbill and about two minutes to input information into the app — Osmind takes care of the rest! On the backend, it rapidly sends your claim electronically to your insurance company (no more snail mail, fax, haggling, or the insurance company pretending it never got your claim in the mail). The insurance company confirms that it has digitally received your claim, and you will receive your Explanation of Benefits letter with your reimbursement directly from your insurance company. The Osmind app makes it very easy for you to submit your insurance claims, significantly speeds up the reimbursement process, and increases the chance of a successful reimbursement.
If your claim is rejected, Osmind also offers a rejection resolution pathway. For any questions or assistance with claims, email email@example.com.
How do I make an account on the app? Is there a tutorial of the app?
How does the online community work?
The Osmind Community is a safe space for people with treatment-resistant depression and related mental health conditions to receive and provide support. It is a depression forum and depression chat with mutual support, positivity, and empathy. It is also for people who are interested in innovative treatments such as psychedelic medicine (including ketamine, esketamine, MDMA, psilocybin, and more) and neuromodulation. Members are all deeply valued and enrich one another’s lives as we pool together our strength, perspectives, experiences, and knowledge.
Our clinic has a private forum within the Osmind Community. Watch the video below to see how to access our private forum. We hope you will be active on it since we will be posting content and engaging with our clinic’s community members.
Is the app HIPAA compliant?
Request a Free Phone Consultation
Your free phone consultation will be with an experienced Registered Nurse who is familiar with Ketamine Infusion Therapy.